      From: Matthew L. Wolford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Matthew L. Wolford <wolf...@erie.net>
 Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 12:14 PM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Cruising chute tack point on bow of 37/40+?

Have you looked at an ATN Tacker? From: Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List Sent:
Monday, October 29, 2018 12:06 PMTo: C&C List Cc: Bruce Whitmore Subject:
Stus-List Cruising chute tack point on bow of 37/40+? Hello all,
I have a n1994 C&C 37/40+, and recently got a lightly used cruising spinnaker
from Bacons.  In rigging it up yesterday to check the fit, it occurred to me
that I need to check into the manner in which the tack should be attached to
the boat.  In this picture, you will see how I rigged it just to check the fit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51uru50vcda3kp1/Bow%20with%20spinnaker%20block.jpg?dl=0.
  My concern is, this ring doesn't look robust enough for the stresses of a
large sail.
The rest of the bow looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/195gwxqxivxop67/Bow%20of%20boat.jpg?dl=0.

I was thinking that a soft shackle passed around the anchor roller might work,
though I saw one post on another board of a Beneteau owner who said he pulled
out his anchor roller using it as a tack point for a spinnaker, and I would be
relying on the strength of the bolt.

What have you folks done, and do you have any photos? Thanks!
 Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray