From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of James Hesketh via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:30:52 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: James Hesketh
Subject: Re: Stus-List Climbing the mast

 ALAN wrote:
If you use someone to hoist you up the mast, tie the halyard to you or to your
climbing gear, rather than using the shackle that's on the halyard. Don't let
anyone stand under you while you're going up or while you're at the top, just
in case you drop something. A friend of  mine ;loaned me his half inch drill,
and a bit that fit in the winch. It didn't take me long to hoist one of my crew
to the top of the mast, electrically.

Also, always use a halyard that passes through a sheave in the masthead. Don't
trust a block held onto a tang with a shackle.

Jim Hesketh
Whisper
Coconut Grove, FL