Hi Wade

Our Frers 33 is very similar to the C&C 33-2.  Motor is normally a 2GM20 for
the Frers 33 but Persistence has 3GM30F with Kanzaki KM3P  also 2.61:1

Two years ago we purchased a Flex-o-Fold 2 blade 16x12R geared propeller to
replace the Martec RH16DX14-3 2 blade folding non-geared propeller.  The cost
was $1205.00 USD at the time and we had a charge of $240CAD for duties and
taxes when it arrived.  Total cost was just over $2000 CAD.  The propeller
arrived at my door three days after order was placed.

With the Martec we had very good forward speed and thrust but poor reverse
until the boat finally got moving in reverse.  The Flex-o-Fold is as food or
better in fwd and has significantly better reverse .. but still not the same as
a fixed prop.  Prop walk with the FOF seems less than the Martec as well.
Vibration is supposed to be less but I cannot really tell.

Flex-o-fold were great to work with and everything came as advertised.  The
propeller is a nice upgrade and that bit extra reverse thrust is nice to have!
The only negative with the propeller is the cost since the boat was working
well previously with the Martec so it was not really a necessary spend.

When the bottom is freshly cleaned we can motor at as high as 7.3 knots and
cruise comfortably at 6.6-6.8 knots at 80% throttle.  I do not see any need for
a three blade folding prop in our situation as we are never under powered or
too little fwd thrust with the 2 blade.

I still have the Martec if anyone needs a prop that size

Mike
Persistence
Halifax, NS