From: robert via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:42
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert
Subject: Stus-List Winter Battery Maintenance

Ray:

I have 2 Group 27's deep cycle....now 9 years old, and I leave them on the boat
over the winter with everything disconnected.   They get a full charge in the
Fall during layup bringing up to 6.2V to 6.4V.....also check the levels of the
electrolyte (acid) and add distilled water if necessary before charging.

For a few winters, I have left them this way without a charge until
Spring....in the Spring, they read 12.4V to 12.5V.   Most winters, I will visit
the boat and give the batteries a charge with a 6V charger.....maybe an hour on
each battery.   Never an issue.

There is a permanent 'smart charger' on the boat but our club will not permit
an electrical connection to the boat if it is unattended, good policy for
obvious reasons, but being on a trickle charge all winter has not been
necessary .

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277