Our ancient Standard Horizon suite of wind, speed and depth works well
except the apparent wind.  Am suspecting the sending unit electronics are in
need of replacement but none available.  The depth and speed work great.  We
do not have auto pilot and do not integrate with GPS, chart plotter or AIS
as no need

We intend to upgrade the suite of wind, speed and depth and ask opinions of
which brand, etc to consider.  Am inclined to the Raymarine I60 / I50 suite
due to read outs are very readable, proven technology, lower cost, ready
availability of repair parts, can integrate with NMEA 2000 etc etc.  Hole
size in hull is same as current,  Would need to drill new holes in bulkhead
but have the room

https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?name=raymarine-i50-i60-depth-speed-and
-wind-systems-pack
<https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?name=raymarine-i50-i60-depth-speed-an
d-wind-systems-pack&path=-1|344|2028690|2028820&id=2086335>
&path=-1|344|2028690|2028820&id=2086335

Thoughts of the group?  Fred is this something you can deal with?

John and Maryann

Legacy III

1982 C&C 34

Noank, CT