I removed the aluminum lid portion of the built-in nasty, old holding “tank” on
my 42.  I had to widen the fiberglass top that held the lid to install a
plastic tank in the same space.  Instead of using a sawzall, I got a
controlled, clean cut through the fiberglass with an oscillating saw.

From: Gary Russell via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:59 AM
To: C&C List
Cc: Gary Russell
Subject: Re: Stus-List 37/40+ holding tank

Hi Daryl,
     The only way that tank is coming out is with a Sawzall.  I removed mine by
cutting it up in small pieces.  I then found a tank (online) that I stuffed in
from under the sink.  In order to get a similar capacity (14 gallons), it had
to stick out into the cabinet area under the sink, reducing storage capacity.
The original tank is pretty small, and I lost another gallon with the HDPE
replacement.

Good luck,
Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:56 AM Daryl McKelvie via CnC-List