Hi,

My Rule 1500 is broken and i'm looking for a replacement. I know some people
here have a system including the mandatory manual pump, the "main", often
turbine type  electric pump and a low GPH suction pump to empty the bilge.

I'm not quite there yet, and would just like to get the best "main" electric
pump that could fit. Is there a better option than the Rule 1500 out there that
would have about the same footprint ? Whale has a new line but the pump is a
bit bigger. Could a equivalent capacity diaphragm pump be a choice ? What about
auto pump with integrated switch, are they reliable ?

My setup includes a Rule float swith that will be replaced with a "water witch"
switch once broken and i use a check valve. (i know some are against this, aka
Rule themself).

Thanks.

Bruno Lachance
Bécassine, 33 mkII