Brian,

I have never sailed on a 34, but it looks very similar to my 38 in design but a little more tender. When I replaced my 155% I went with a 120% and I'm very happy with it for a cruising sail. Plenty of power for cruising, much easier handling.... I had the old UK loft (now North) in Annapolis make it and was very impressed. That loft has made all of the sails that have ever been on my boat since it was new in 1976. My 155% is aging nicely in the storage shed. For cruising, I would highly recommend the smaller headsail. Nice to have the 155% just in case I get a little itch to go race. I did use dacron, but specified a little lighter cloth than would normally be used on a small headsail, I think it was 6oz instead of the recommended 8oz.

James

Delaney, 1976 C&C 38

Oriental, NC