Good to know Don...as usual, read the SI!..
Bill

Bill Walker
On Saturday, March 9, 2019 Don Kern via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

Bill

Yup, the Rule 55 does curtail the use of sail stops going into a water.
However, some of the venues (OAs) add to the Sailing Inst the following phrase
"RRS 55 - A competitor shall not intentionally put trash in the water. This
rule applies at all times while afloat. The penalty for a breach of this rule
may be less than disqualification. However, discarding elastic or wool bands
when setting a sail is permitted."
 Don
 Fireball C&C 35 II
 .