I installed a 16k BTU Webasto FCF self contained unit that included a remote control and reverse cycle for heat. I'm very happy with it and the kit included a high quality thru hull and strainer/filter for the water intact. The blower is a little on the loud side, but that is actually welcome when I'm in a busy marina and has never been a concern for us. 16k BTU is more than enough for our 38' and will keep it very comfortable on 100 degree days, even with the companionway hatch open. I installed it in the second hanging locker across from the head and have a duct running forward to the V-berth and another running aft to the salon. I would be happy to send pics of the install if you would like, but your interior is much different than mine.

James

Delany

1976 C&C 38

Oriental, NC