Bruce,

Trying to assess a “replacement” figure on your 36 is purely market and
condition driven.  You can find C&C 36s in sailable condition on Yachtworld
ranging in price from $15-60K depending on year, model, and how well they’re
outfitted.   If your insurance company has yet to make a settlement to repair
or replace, I would echo the other folks’ opinions that it would be much more
reasonable to seek a replacement boat than to spend months of labor and a
massive amount of cash to refurbish a boat that was submerged or full of water
for an extended period of time.  For my money, I’d want to try to get enough
from the insurance settlement to buy a boat like this Landfall 38 which would
be an excellent choice for a liveaboard.  I am not associated with this listing
but only using it as an example:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1979/c-c-38-landfall-3247734/?refSource=enhanced
 listing

Best of luck!