Alan,

A few seasons back, after motoring back home, I noticed antifreeze underneath the my engine (Yanmar 2GMF).   What I eventually discovered was that one of the 'bled or drain screws' had loosened just enough to cause a small leak.  On my engine, there are, I think, 3 outlets which have 'T shaped' taps which you open to drain the antifreeze, 2 for the engine and 1 for the heat ex changer, all on the starboard side of the engine.  There are small clear hoses, maybe 1/4", attached to each making it easy to drain into a container when each is opened.

Don't know if you have the same but worth a look.....all I did was tighten them (the 1 from the heat exchanger) was the one loose, problem solved.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2019-04-05 12:45 p.m., ALAN BERGEN via CnC-List wrote:
Over a period of time, I'm losing antifreeze from the engine. I haven't seen any leaks coming from any of the hoses or hose connections while the engine is running. Can anyone confirm that the likely cause is a leak in the heat exchanger? The engine is a Yanmar 3GMf, 20hp model. How difficult is it to replace/repair the heat exchanger core?

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR