This makes sense, except they were along most of the hull length, from the
cockpit to the the end of the cabin top at least, spaced every 16-18" or
so. Reminded me of what I see on some of my neighbours houses in the
winter, when the studs show through with heat loss patterns. I don't think
it was this, unless he had his heater cranked inside! Next time I see him I
will ask; I've talked to him a few times, as he does sail training and
cruises from the boat.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 4:04 PM Dennis C. via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> It’s fairly common on some older C&C’s. In particular, the 32’s. I think
> we named it the “dimple”. There have been discussions on the topic here in
> years past. It’s usually the brace for the upper shrouds.
>
> My 35-1 had it. It sanded out easily with a straight line sander when I
> prepped Touché for painting.
>
> It’s pretty much cosmetic. Probably due to a combination of post cute
> shrinkage and minor deformation due to rig tension.
>
> The good thing is it’s indicative of the rigging loads being transmitted
> directly to the hull rather than to a bulkhead. That was one of my top
> criteria when I was boat shopping.
>
> Dennis C.
> Touché 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 11, 2019, at 5:08 PM, Shawn Wright via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> While kayaking the other day, I noticed a 32' ('83 I think) which had
> quite visible vertical lines apparent on the hull where the internal braces
> are located. The hull was a grey-blue colour, which probably made these
> appear more obvious, and I don't think it was moisture, as the temps were
> about 12C and the sun was out. I was surprised to see this, as I haven't
> noticed it on other boats, C&C or otherwise.
>
> Just curious how common this is and if it is anything more than cosmetic.
>

> --
> Shawn Wright
> shawngwri...@gmail.com

Shawn Wright