Thanks for the follow up.  No rub rail (at all) on a Custom 42.

From: Rick Brass via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:59 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Rick Brass
Subject: Re: Stus-List Merriman snatch block question

Has not happened on my 38. I have a pair of 70 series single blocks on swivel
shackles permanently mounted to the toe rail aft of the winches that I use as
turning blocks to get a good sheet lead into the winches (which really helps
reduce the loads when moving the line adjustable genoa cars). And about 4 holes
aft of the turning blocks are a pair of the 70 series snatch blocks for the
spin sheets. I normally try to position the snatch blocks inboard with the
cheeks on the top side to make line handling easier – but I’m old and forgetful
so they often end up hanging on the outside of the toe rail when at the dock.

In the spirit of full disclosure, my rubrail is a strip of HMWPE that was added
to the hull in place of the original rubber rail, and it sticks out an inch or
so further than the rubber rail that was typical of the 70s and 80s models.
When the blocks end up outside the toerail, they generally end up with the wide
(aluminum) side of the block laying against the rubrail.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC