Thanks for the info - I'll pass on that one.  Too many unknowns and too far away to gamble for me

Mark

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana
On 2019-04-26 8:36 p.m., Dave Godwin via CnC-List wrote:
Mark and Kevin,

Thanks for reminding me.

Okay, a cursory take which is all that I was able to do. It may allegedly have very few hours on it but it’s 15-years old. The story is that the gentleman had it installed his sailboat but fell fatally ill and gave the boat to the yard owner. The yard owner removed to engine which was apparently the only thing of value.

It’s a Beta Marine type BD722, Engine number 2L5161, Woc(?) K11036, Output 20BHP @ 3600 RPM. Fresh-water cooled. Date of manufacture unknown to me.

It has an attached transmission but I was unable to identify it. Eyeball inspection indicates the shaft is in-line with the crank.

It appears to be in fairly reasonable shape with factory alternator, original belts and engine mounts. Miscellaneous hoses. Some surface rust but nothing out of the ordinary or troubling.

I did NOT see an instrument panel and failed to ask about one but will do that if there is interest. I did not discuss price.

A few of photos available on request.

Regards,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin