I know exactly what you’re saying, Dennis.

I paid $36K for my 38 back in 2004.

Over the years, I’ve put probably $40k - $45k into maintenance and upgrades.
Lost the file in a hard drive crash in 2017, and don’t even want to rebuild it.
 But I do know I’ve spent over $20K since the fall of 2016 on sails, topside
and deck painting, running rigging, adding custom cabinets for storage,
windlass, propane storage and stove to replace the old Galley Maid, etc.

And right now I’d probably be lucky to get $30K if I sold the boat.

A boat is like a mistress: You have her because you love her, she will take ALL
your money, and she might as well be pretty (like all older C&C’s).

Rick Brass

Imzadi  C&C 38 mk2 #47

la Belle Aurore  C&C 25 mk1 #225

Washington, NC