Ken, that makes total sense into me.  Now if I can find the coolant hoses! I'm
really surprised I can't find good installation instructions!Sent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Ken Heaton via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 5/16/19  6:37 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cnc-list
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Purging air from Attwood EHM6-SM Water Heater I think you have the
following ports visible in your photo:H = Hot Potable Water out of Heater to
your hot water taps.C = Cold Potable Water into heater from the potable water
pump.D = Drain for emptying the Heater of Potable Water for winterizing.P1 =
Pressure Release Valve for an over-pressure condition caused by the electric
element sticking on and boiling the contents of the Heater.If you also have in
and out for Coolant so the engine can heat the water they must be out of sight
on the rear?What Josh said about using the Pressure Relief Valve will bleed air
our of the Potable Water section.  It won't bleed the coolant loop from the
engine.Ken H.On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 18:29, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Hello all,I think I probably have some air
trapped in my hot water heater.  I have found some pretty cryptic instructions
for the heater, but:  a). They do not include a good drawing or explanation of
how the hoses, either fresh water or coolant should be connected (yes I have
looked for better online instructions to no avail)b). They say "Bleed air from
the entire coolant system for proper operation of both engine and water
heater", but don't give instructions as to the best way to do it.c). They do
not include a listing of the what the stamped letters next to the outlets mean.
 (the upper left in the photo is "H", bottom left is "D", upper right is "P1"
and lower right is "C"Here's a photo of the water heater:  Attwood EHM6-SM
Water Heater.jThe tube in the upper left feeds the boat with hot water.  I
think the tube on the bottom with the valve on it comes from the engine hot
water feed.  I turned off the valve, and the hot water continued to run, so it
is definitely not the fresh water supply line to the heater.  And, having a
valve on the hot coolant input line would make sense.  Therefore, am I correct
in thinking the pipe on the lower right would be the return coolant line to the
engine?Now for conundrum #2.Here's a photo of the hoses leading out of the
engine.  Hot water heater hoses at engine.jpg.  Those hoses connect to the grey
solid pipes shown in the previous picture, somewhere under the floorboards
where I can't see which is which.  They were disconnected, but filled with
coolant when I got the boat, so I was just guessing when I connected the hoses
to the engine.   In looking at the Yanmar manual, it appears the red hose
should be the suction side coming from the water heater, and the black hose
would be the pressure (hot) water coming from the engine to the water heater.
Am I correct?  Any way about it, since the water going down to the heater must
flow down under the floorboards, up to the heater, then out of the heater and
back down under the floorboards, the water heater would be a prime spot for air
to get trapped.So, I am thinking I should ease off the connection coming off
the lower right side of the heater and apply pressure to the appropriate hose
coming off the engine, and see if I get any air out.  Then, I want to ensure I
am connecting the correct hose to the right inlet/outlet point on the engine.
Does this make sense?Thanks for your insights!Bruce Whitmore(847) 404-5092

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray