The oil pressure switch and the temperature switch are most likely
independent of their respective senders for the gauges.  You can check them
for continuity to ground - Just across the screw on back to the engine
block.  A loose wire can also cause your symptom.  I believe that the temp
switch goes closed on high temp so it's normal shutdown (cold) indication
should be open.  The oil is opposite.  It should be closed when shutdown
(low pressure).  If the wire to the oil pressure got loose or went bad
(even all the way back to the control panel) you'll get the same result as
low oil pressure.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+