Thanks Dennis,

Love your comments.  The yards around Annapolis are crazy.

The boat is hauled now and the shaft is out so I want to make the repair
myself.  I have the tools for grinding and West System epoxy and 404 and
waterproof fairing epoxy.  I haven't seen the crack, so I can only imagine.

I think I would find the crack, grind it to expose good fiberglass, and fill
with Thixo FLex Epoxy.  Inside the tube, I would insert a roll of Mylar to
create a smooth finish.  Inside the boat, I would add 1708 to the shaft log
where ever I can to beef it up and strengthen it and fair with Total Fair
waterproof epoxy compound.

Am I on the right track?

Chuck S