From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of CHARLES
SCHEAFFER via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:30 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER
Subject: Re: Stus-List Shaft Log leak on C&C 29 MkII

Thanks Dennis,

Love your comments.  The yards around Annapolis are crazy.

The boat is hauled now and the shaft is out so I want to make the repair
myself.  I have the tools for grinding and West System epoxy and 404 and
waterproof fairing epoxy.  I haven't seen the crack, so I can only imagine.

I think I would find the crack, grind it to expose good fiberglass, and fill
with Thixo FLex Epoxy.  Inside the tube, I would insert a roll of Mylar to
create a smooth finish.  Inside the boat, I would add 1708 to the shaft log
where ever I can to beef it up and strengthen it and fair with Total Fair
waterproof epoxy compound.

Am I on the right track?

Chuck S

On June 27, 2019 at 8:53 PM "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>