I wanted to report back on finishing this job.  It turns out that the existing
wire went from a threaded hole in the aluminum mast base to a threaded hole in
the top of the keep bolt mount.  So all I had to do was loosen both bolts
(surprisingly, both came off easily), add the new 4G wire and put the bolts
back in.  Except for laying on my stomach on the ribs of the floor, trying to
reach underneath to access it all, it was one of the easier jobs I have had to
do.  Nice design either by C&C or the PO.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT