Great ! I’ll be racing my new Etchells  in the spin div. so no C&C :( but will
say hello for sure !
Thanks
John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
www.flirtingwithfire.net<http://www.flirtingwithfire.net>

On Jul 22, 2019, at 8:27 PM, Charlie Nelson via CnC-List

I plan to be there—non-spin.
See and meet you there. We have a slip at the Oriental Marina.

Charlie

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com<http://mail.mobile.aol.com>

On Monday, July 22, 2019, John Conklin via CnC-List

Hope I can see it at dragons breath regatta in 2 weeks ?

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon

On Jul 22, 2019, at 4:51 PM, Charlie Nelson via CnC-List

Probably although their video suggests trimming with a supplied cutting blade
and then hand sanding the edges. Apparently the vinyl is pretty easy to trim.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com<http://mail.mobile.aol.com>

On Monday, July 22, 2019, John Conklin via CnC-List

Can you apply then nip clean and precise with a router bit ?

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
S/V Heartbeat
www.flirtingwithfire.com<http://www.flirtingwithfire.com>

On Jul 22, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Charlie Nelson via CnC-List

That’s the plan— to use Plasteak. I invested in the roller and am about to
order the vinyl.

Originally thought I’d do it in place using their clear plastic sheet and cut
the vinyl to fit, then glue it down in the boat.

However I only have 4 big pieces and removing them is no big deal. Thus my
latest plan is to do it off the boat which would be much easier on my back and
my knees!

I can also (I think) avoid the cost/shipping of the clear plastic sheet this
way.

My thought is to place pieces together as on the boat and then cover with the
Plasteak and cut and glue it.

Not quite sure if this will work since I won’t be able to see ‘through’ the
vinyl for matching purposes as I might with the clear plastic. If I can get
both vinyl and plastic shipped with only 1 $50 Fedex large piece shipping
charge, I may get the plastic anyway @ $75.

Charlie Nelson
Water Phantom
36 XL/kcb #077

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com<http://mail.mobile.aol.com>

On Monday, July 22, 2019, Dennis C. via CnC-List

Are you using PlasTeak or equivalent?  Will look great when you finish.

https://www.plasteak.com/plasteak-recycled-plastic-products/marine-grade-flooring

I did a hatch cover on a trawler with PlasDek, the exterior version.  The job
was straightforward.  Get a laminate roller from a big box store.  I used one
of these:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Extension-Handle-Roller/3030693

PlasTeak folks were easy to work with.  I had the piece custom made by them
with borders.

 Here's a pic of the finished job:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsV2NVZ1hmaGJ6cEU

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:57 AM Charlie Nelson via CnC-List
Listers;

I am considering re-doing my cabin sole (for the 2nd time!) using a glue-on
vinyl laminate directly over the old sole. Only the thin teak and holly veneer
of the sole is bad--otherwise the screwed-in boards (4) that make up the sole
are fine.

After about 10+ years of racing crew activity (mostly throwing cans, bottles
down below plus occasionally dropping of other gear on the sole (winch handles,
etc. ) along with a previous short-lived attempt of mine to sand the current
veneer, it's time to do this job right and for less than the 2 boat bucks it
cost when I had the yard do it previously (they replaced entire sole).

I will remove the pieces and glue the vinyl to the old veneer, which can be
trimmed with a knife, to get reasonable matches to the teak and holly pattern.

Have any listers gone this route with sprucing up their cabin sole? If so, are
there any pitfalls to avoid before I begin this latest DIY project?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Nelson
1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb
Water Phantom