I used to be at Fort Rachel and was happy there.  I have been at Portland
Riverside Marina in Portland, CT for 5 years now.  Many boats from NEw London
there or next door at Yankee Boat yard.  Very much a DIY yard but with pros to
help if needed.  Great marine stores at both.  Yankee has tarmac while Portland
is dirt.  The up side- half the cost of near the coast.  Down side: 4 hour
motor up the river form Old Saybrook to get there (but a lovely trip).  Dave

> On Aug 15, 2019, at 8:58 PM, John and Maryann Read via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Fort Rachel Marine in Mystic
> Great folks - do anything you want by yourself or they will be glad to do it
> for you (for a fee of course).  Great mechanic and fiberglass repair on site
> (separate businesses)  Have rental vacuum orbital sanders for bottom.
> Reasonable pricing.  Very protected.  Very knowledgeable about handling
> boats.  Great restaurant / bar next door (Daniel Packer Inn) 5 minutes from
> I-95.  Been storing on the hard for 30+ years.  Nuff said
>

> John and Maryann
> Legacy III
> 1982 C&C 34
> Noank, CT