The "tugging" was most likely there. You didn't notice it far a couple of
reasons.1. With the rudder going back in, the shaft was lubed, and moves freely
now.2. After all the work that was done. You are more critical as to the
steering.3. Under power the prop blades will cause the water to pulse as each
blade crosses in front of the rudder. You can test this by having the rudder
slightly off center. From a stand still give it half or better throttle.The
rudder will tug as each blade passes. Most noticible with a 2 bladed prop.  I
have seen this before when a customer would pick up his car after some steering
work. He had cheap tires which magnified any defect in the road.Doug Mountjoy
Sv Rebecca Leah C&C LF39253-208-1412Port Orchard YC wa.
-------- Original message --------From: Dan via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 9/16/19  08:20  (GMT-08:00) To: "CNC boat owners,
cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Dan <dgcorm...@gmail.com> Subject:
Stus-List New Rudder Steering Tugging Hi all,So I recently rebuilt my rudder
and re-installed it on Breakaweigh. We took the boat out yesterday and I
noticed when under diesel power that the wheel is lightly tugging to the port
side. I'm not entirely sure if it did that before or if this is a new tugging.
If I were to completely let go of the wheel the boat would automatically start
a broad turn to port just like your car is supposed to always veer to one side
to get you off the road (so I've heard)My question is - is this due to the
movement/rotation of water from the prop at 2000 rpm moving water accross the
rudder (is this a typical rudder/prop thing?) OR do I need to adjust the
tension in my rudder cables, OR is my rudder very slightly miss-shapen causing
a minor lift" to one side?When I re-attached the rudder I referenced photos I
took of my rudder cables where they are attached to the quadrant before hand so
I could closely match the threading on each side so that the tensions would be
the same as before. (theoretically)Thanks everyone,DanBreakaweighC&C44Halifax,
NS