Thanks everyone - this definitely settles the issue for me.
I had a feeling the pull was there before so I'm not totally alarmed by the
effect, and I will certainly try the immediate throttle-down to test the
concept. I imagine it will behave as expected - not sure why I didn't think
of that yesterday when I noticed the effect in the first place.

Thanks again!

Dan