It was a while ago, but I put spartite in on my 35-2 with mast straps in place.
The mast has come out a number of times, so it clearly worked.

To the best of my recollection, I coated the straps and the inside of the mast
collar carefully with vaseline. After reinstalling the straps I filled the gap
between the collar and the straps with the putty that comes with the spartite.
I may have also puttied around the edges of the straps above deck where they
meet the collar. The idea is to make sure that the straps release from the
spartite bonded to the mast and from mast collar.

Spartite is definitely worth the effort. Just make sure you are happy with you
mast rake before you pour.

David Kelly
Baraka, C&C 35-2