I am planning on doing the same, though I am planning on going with the
Raymarine drive.  As I understand it the AC 100 is not compatible with the
drive and I’ll have to go with the AC 100.  Raymarine offered a modest discount
with the trade in.  As I remebmber it was $400 plus the old AC100.

No idea about the Octopus drive.

Tom Buscaglia
S/V Alera
1990 C&C 37+/40