To my northern sailors where the temps go below freezing....does anyone take their compass off the boat over winter?  Southern sailors can chime in words of wisdom as well.

I read somewhere it should be to avoid the stress on the seals but I have never done it and my old compass works.  It was reconditioned in 2006 after the boat made a road trip from Wisconsin to Halifax , Nova Scotia.

I don't know if the original owner there took it off....from what I understand, he was someone that might have done it.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.