I had a similar problem with water pooling around the rudder shaft bearing.
When I went to upgrade the starting pedestal (Edson Vision II) I found that the
cockpit sole was water saturated and delaminated.   The solution was to cut out
a 2' x 2.5' section and replace it with marine plywood that was vacuum bagged
in place.  This includes reinstalling the top rudder bearing and refinishing
the whole cockpit sole with non skid.  The yard did the work...For about
$3,600.  They did a great job....one that really needed to be done.  No more
pooling around the post.  And the pedestal is beautiful :-)Spencer Johnson 84
LF 38 "Alegria"Summer- Racine. WIWinter- Waukegan, IL