I run engine coolant antifreeze through the engine and the head. Alcohol-based
antifreeze is hard on rubber parts and seals.

I used to use plumbing antifreeze (rated for potable water systems) in the
onboard water supply system but found it difficult to eliminate the smell/taste
afterwards. Now when I do it, I use a shop vac to suck the lines dry and run
the water pump into the vac as well.

Steve Thomas
On the hard in Ontario