Ours doesn't do that so I suspect your pump assembly is due for a rebuild
or replacement.  If it it a Jabsco manual toilet, you can replace the
entire pump assembly ( Jabsco Part No. 29040-3000 Pump Assembly ) for
little more that the cost of the parts ( 29045-3000 Major Service Kit ),
and everything inside the pump, including all check valves, is then new.

https://us.binnacle.com/p6899/Jabsco-ITT-Twist-n-Lock-Toilet-Pump-Assembly-29040-3000/product_info.html#description

Ken H.