The new HARKEN backstay adjusters are being shipped without a gage.   I have a
Sailtec on my C&C 36.  It does have a gauge but I have a batten taped to the
adjuster and it is marked such that it can be adjusted based on the marks which
equate to known weather conditions rather than rely on the pressure gage which
is barely readable    At the dock I tension it enough to make sure that the
mast is not moving.

Sail Safe,

Mike

Mikel Brannon