From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh Muckley
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:44 PM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Stus-List Auto prop

I have been a satisfied customer of max-prop and PYI for the 7 years of my
ownership.  I am now to a point where the prop needs rebuilt at a relatively
high percentage of the replacement price.  In the past I have heard only one
compelling reason to switch from a max-prop and that is the auto prop.  The
auto prop and max prop both feather and have similar performance in forward and
reverse.  The big difference for me is that the spindles on the auto prop are
supported by actual ball bearings which ultimately suggests that it will be
able to operate longer between OEM rebuilds.

It seems that those who have an auto prop are very satisfied.  IIRC Dwight has
one.  Can anybody share their experience with their prop?  Of particular
interest is the maintenance aspects, parts availability, associated costs of
maintenance/parts, model details, and installation considerations.

Thanks,

Josh Muckley

S/V Sea Hawk

1989 C&C 37+