I have been a satisfied customer of max-prop and PYI for the 7 years of my
ownership.  I am now to a point where the prop needs rebuilt at a
relatively high percentage of the replacement price.  In the past I have
heard only one compelling reason to switch from a max-prop and that is the
auto prop.  The auto prop and max prop both feather and have similar
performance in forward and reverse.  The big difference for me is that the
spindles on the auto prop are supported by actual ball bearings which
ultimately suggests that it will be able to operate longer between OEM
rebuilds.

It seems that those who have an auto prop are very satisfied.  IIRC Dwight
has one.  Can anybody share their experience with their prop?  Of
particular interest is the maintenance aspects, parts availability,
associated costs of maintenance/parts, model details, and installation
considerations.

Thanks,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk