Well Lee, since you bring up PHRF reviews, let me ask you listers, how often do
your clubs or RSAs conduct rating reviews and adjustments?

The introduction in “the book”
(https://www.ussailing.org/competition/offshore/phrf/phrf-handicaps/
<https://www.ussailing.org/competition/offshore/phrf/phrf-handicaps/>) says
under heading "Considerations when using this listing to determine a handicap
by averaging fleet data” that "After the initial handicap is chosen and the
boat is raced, an empirical analysis of performance may permit a more refined
estimate of its speed potential.”  And a review of
https://www.ussailing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/USPHRF-Fleets-1.pdf
<https://www.ussailing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/USPHRF-Fleets-1.pdf>
shows that most clubs derive handicaps from “the book,” then review and adjust
based on local experience.

So, how many of y’all do that?

Cheers,
Randy