I wish there was a secret formula on that beyond who you already know,
luck, time, and lots of patience..

This year I decided to up our game and go spinnaker class only to be
reminded (Too many times) why I didn't do it in the past.

Main reason for staying JAM before: crew.
Main challenges this year: crew.

Seems you have to kiss a lot of frogs before finding your charming
princes.

I'll give the only one factor that made a lot of difference: Try to find a
nice lady or two.
When she's on board 2 things happen:
1) The language gets cleaned-up
2) The guys that normally just sit around not doing much beyond pretending
they're running a talk show seem to magically become more enterprising and
useful. Apparently the macho thing is still alive and well

As for us, as much as I love the challenge and action when flying a
conventional spin, I'm seriously considering going back to JAM

Good luck !

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA