Hi all, I’m new. Joy and I have a 1986 CNC 41.
We have bought a rooftop A/C unit that would fit over our V-berth hatch. My
problem is I can’t figure out how to either remove the hatch lid, or remove the
glass in the hatch lid in order to create the needed opening.
The hinges I thought I could remove consists of threaded bolts that have no
head—so once the cap nuts are removed from each side of a hinge, the bolt can’t
be extracted. I tried a vice grips on it but I couldn’t even get it to turn.
Hence, I then turned my attention to perhaps removing the glazing itself.
Either approach is fine with me. Any suggestions? Thanks, Will

Sent from my iPhone