I received by new stainless mixing elbow for my Yanmar HM35F. It has a reverse threaded connector between the elbow and the header that attaches to the exhaust output from the engine. The one I took out has some black goop on the connecting threads which I am guessing helps seal the connecting thread like silicon tape does on water pipes.

Any idea what this stuff is? Any other helpful hint on the install of the new elbow is appreciated.

This is the last piece of the raw water system that I have looked at to fix my "no water out the exhaust" issue. Intake not plugged, impeller is fine, the heat exchanger was wide up and surprisingly clean and the anti-syphon is clear. The elbow was carboned up. If that douse not clear the problem, then is must be the hose between the intake and the strainer collapsing inside because it looks fine on the outside...

Tom B

Tom & Lynn Buscaglia
SV Alera
C&C 37+/40