Hi Charlie,

I don't believe you are crazy for wanting to paint over some teak panelling. I've done similar recoats to brighten up a small space.

However, I highly recommend that you apply a slightly thinned coat of "varnish" first, as a primer. Thus if you or someone wants to change back to teak finish later it is easy to strip and you won't have paint bits filling in the pores of the wood (almost impossible to get out without damaging the panel).

        Cheers, Russ

Oh, and BTW gentlemen, please strip the excess off of messages before replying. As a special courtesy to Stu, give it a bit o' thought to housekeeping before posting.
<insert reminder about digest in subject line too>

What a nag eh.