From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Edd Schillay via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:21 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Edd Schillay <e...@schillay.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Electronics Question...

David,

Totally worth it. Always fun to overcome challenges installing new equipment.
And you’ll appreciate it forever.

Plus it’ll keep ya busy during the whole coronavirus thing.
All the best,

Edd

———————————————-
Edd M. Schillay
Captain of the “Starship Enterprise”
C&C 37+ | Sail No.: NCC-1701-B
Venice Yacht Club | Venice Island, FL
www.StarshipSailing.com<http://www.StarshipSailing.com>
———————————————-
914.774.9767   | Mobile
———————————————-
Sent via iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

On Mar 18, 2020, at 7:17 PM, David Risch via CnC-List

I use my very old school radar, once, maybe twice a year.   Needing a
chartplotter?…same.  Have Garmin GPS to a repeater and an iPad and phone with
navigation software.

Have an opportunity to pick up a Raytheon L760 plotter and RL760 Radar for
peanuts.

I was wondering is it worth the aggravation pulling out the old system, and
replacing it with newer?    Radar is tired and needs a new magnetron, but still
sees close range.  I really don’t care enough to spend $4,000+ on new
electronics.   But spending peanuts on newish?   Maybe.

Thanks in advance.

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650