Yea agreed next time will be different (and LED)
As a newbie boat owner
This was one of the first projects I wanted to tackle removing those badly
crazed Nav  lights they were on sale and thought a minimal investment easy to
switch with no mount or wire isssues for a nice noticeable Change. Then.... I
heard all the benefits and suggestions  on LED but too late :( At the moment I
don't cruise a lot and only got stuck out for 1 night time arrival so far where
I even used lights. I did have a few small trial trips planned this year and my
first week long with our local club which will start with a night sail!  So
good motivation to get finished.  I do  plug in so amps and such were not of
concern (is now) I even went to 1 starter as recommended when I changed out my
charger with the pronautic which is working great !!
 I thought this would be easy and I did get 2 of the 3 done as well as mast
deck light (full of water)  by the yard, from the bucket while they were adding
new windex
But this last one is keepin it real!
I am close to boat now for quarantine and hope to use this time for more
projects
They started dredging our channel this week, and need to finish by end of
season  3/31! So getting out this week is not really  recommended
So Breaking out the list
Bow Light
Wheel pilot crunching not working
Water pressure
Then the spring checklist
Will post others do not want to Hijack this thread
Be safe all!

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
S/V Heartbeat