I don't trust our fuel gauge either. I log engine hours and I know our
average fuel consumption per hour.  That lets me know how much fuel we need
at any time.  Works quite well, and is always confirmed when we refill the
fuel tank, how much we took compared to what I calculated it would take.

Ken H.