My gauge works somewhat, although it reads just over 3/4 when full, and
I've never run it empty, and have topped it off when the gauge reads 1/4
(only happened once). The gauge is old an of unknown make, so I will
probably replace it at some point, but I like the idea of a dipstick. Easy
to do, as the tank sticks out a few inches into the stbd locker, so I could
easily drill another hole in the large 1/4" aluminum plate were all the
fittings are. A brass plug from a pencil zinc would work perfectly for an
easy to use stick holder that could be sealed to prevent leaks, and I
probably have all the pieces on hand already...  Thanks for the idea!

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com