All,

I am in the process of fixing the smile on our 1979 36. We are going into
season three of ownership and this has been on my list since day one. (I did
this job before on my past 1989 37XL in 2005 but had the yard do it.) I have
talked to several friends that have done it or had it done but wanted to ask
the list if anyone has any input that I can learn from. One item of concern, is
that I did spring a little leak when grinding (pictured above) I have some
simple green and antifreeze in bilge and will pump dry.

Here is my plan:

1.      Ground down to glass and bare lead approx. 3 to 4 inches on each side
of the keel joint.
2.      Tighten Keelbolts to required torque (per owners site 1 inch keel
bolts= 350 ft lbs)
3.      Wet out area with epoxy and band with cloth (How thick?)
4.      Sand out new glass and fair.
5.      Apply barrier coat and then bottom paint.

Thanks,

John McCrea

Talisman

Mystic, CT