Keel:
My boatyard did something similar when we replaced the keel.  They prepped the
joint surfaces with the intention of glassing the joint, ground a six inch
bevel into the fiberglass stub, and the top edge of the lead keel.  They
cleaned out all the bolt holes, buttered the keel joint, lowered the hull onto
the keel and got it all lined up so it was centerline and in line vertically.
Once it was all lined up, they filled the hole voids from inside with an
epoxy/glass fibers mixture and then tightened all the nuts on the keel bolts.
Then they wrapped the joint w two layers of 1708.  Fairing took the most time,
painted the new fairing w interprotect, bottom paint, launch.  They advised me
never to touch the keel bolt nuts as the epoxy and fiberglass was really
holding it all together.  It's been tight for 12 years.  Work done by Down
Jersey in Greenwich, NJ.

Chuck, Resolute, 1989 C&C 34R, Pasadena, Md