I have been flying both sym and asym spinnakers on Windburn for the last few
years.
A small tack point has been added on the bow forward of everything for the
asym. I found
that using an oversized pole works better, maybe a C&C 30-1 thing. Pulling the
pole back
a bit and getting some more chute in front generates way more power than
centerline
tacking. Enough of a difference to make up for sailing a bit deeper.

The largest chutes are 195%, about a 26.5' foot on the asym, and 26.3' max
girth on the sym.

The load on the guy is high so the line runs through a snatch block to the
primary winch.
It is a Samson line with a no stretch core, normal good double braid was a
problem.
At higher wind speeds the force back through the spinnaker pole has to be
hundreds of
pounds. I upgraded the spin track and car to the midsize Harken series. Even
with that
it is dicey adjusting the height while flying. The Torlon bearings appear to go
slightly
oval each season so that is on the winter maintence replace list.

When flying the asym at 100 degrees AWA or tighter in heavier winds the genoa
does not
depower the spinnaker for take down. If it gets even slightly away from you it
will fill, sometimes
pretty violently.

I am glad the 30-1 is so heavily over built.

Michael Brown

Windburn
C&C 30-1