When I did this I tried everything I could to pull the coupling off. In the
end, I ended up cutting the shaft off using an angle grinder with a cut off
wheel and a multi tool in different positions and I had to cut it on a bit of a
spiral. It wasn’t fun. Try to cut it into the key way if you can so you don’t
damage the shaft.
Good luck.

- -
Nathan Post