I am repainting the deck and the rebedding the hardware. The original hardware
(gel coat under it) used butyl tape and in most places had not failed. The
parts also come up easily when you want to pull them off. The ones using 4200
or equivalent have failed, often around the screws, it is brittle, yet they
don’t always come off easily unless completely failed (cutting under the part
is often needed). I will be using butyl when I put it back together.
Nathan
S/V Wisper
Lynn MA

- -