From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 11:35 AM
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List Roll-Up Inflatable Dinghies and Motors

First, make sure whatever inflatable you buy has thermowelded seams.  I think
all of them should be that way now.  Don't buy glued seams.  I had one of
those.  The bottom fell out one day on the way to the beach.  Nothing like
zipping along in a bottomless donut with a 7.5 hp motor.

Second, motors are nice but a pain to deal with.  We just row most of the time
now.  The motor is in a storage shed in the backyard.

Third, if I do go back to a motor, weight will be the primary consideration.
Sure, it's fun to plane in our inflatable with the 7.5 hp but having to mount
and dismount the 80 pound motor with a halyard is a pain.  I can get to the
beach just as well with a 2.5 lightweight motor.  Think about it.  You sailed
to the anchorage at 6 knots.  Why do you need to do 20 knots to get to the
beach?
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83