Wow.  I just had to remove some adhesive around my windows, Plexus I think,
and found a heat gun and a sharp chisel worked best.  Problem is, you need to
get the glue up to 150 degrees Celsius, or 300 degrees F.  It's scary hot.
bath water is 100, boiling water 212 and paper catches fire at 451, so 300 is
hot.  The gel coat gets soft at this temperature so don't let the chisel slip.
Hard to hold that hot chisel without a glove.  Alternatively you could try
Debond or a solvent to break the bond.  But sometimes, you just need to pry at
a crack and park a thin putty knife in the gap and work an exacto knife in,
work your you way along the flange, add putty knives as you go, little by
little till your all the way around.  You can find plastic putty knives cheap
at Harbor freight and get a half dozen or so for this, or use paint sticks or
popsicle sticks.  You may be able to cut the adhesive with an oscilating multi
tool.

I'd clean the bottom of the well, paint it with rustolem or epoxy spray paint,
and reinstall with butyl.

Chuck Scheaffer Resolute 1989 C&C 34R Pasadena Md